Founded in 2006 in Dakar, Senegal, REPAOC- Network of West and Central African NGO National Platforms consists of 10 National NGO Platforms (CFRONG- Benin, SONG- Burkina , FONGDD- Guinee, FECONG-Mali, RODADDHD-Niger, CONGAD-Senegal, CIOLNG-Tchad, and FONGTO-Togo , TANGO-Gambia and NNNGO- Nigeria. It consists totally of more than 500 local, national and international NGOs. REPAOC and its members are the recognised spokespersons for governments and regional institutions on important matters concerning sustained development of health, environment, promotion of civil and political rights and economic, social and cultural rights. REPAOC is open to all countries of the sub–regions of West and Central Africa. The REPAOC is comprised of only national NGO platforms and admits only one platform per country. Regional Coordination is ensured by a National Platform elected and facilitated by a Permanent Secretariat based at Dakar in Senegal. The objectives of the Network of West and Central African NGO platforms (REPAOC) are:
- To sustain and defend the interests of its members.
- To reinforce capabilities of national platforms in matters of advocacy, services and Communication.
- To work towards better regional co-action between national platforms.
- To ensure greater representation for West and Central African NGOs at regional and International level platforms, governmental and non- governmental.
- To promote internal activities in the network.
- To promote strategic thinking and research on important regional and international matters that foster efficient participation in the formulation of public policies at national, regional and international levels.
- To take a common position with national, regional and international institutions.
- To foster south/south and North/South exchange with different agencies of civil society who share common concerns, at national, regional and international levels.